new books

For the new year, I ordered a few books off my wish list. I bought used copies, so they were dirt cheap, kind of recycled and even hardcovers. I'd been considering a kindle, but I'm just not ready to give up the feel and smell of books yet.

The Weaker Vessel: Women in History by Antonia Fraser
I've been hooked on her books since Marie Antionette, they are so interesting and so surprisingly readable. I've also read Mary Queen of Scotts and Love and Louis XIV. All great!

I'm With the Band: Confessions of a Groupie by Pamela Des Barres
Sort of obsessed with '60s and '70s rock groupies right now, thanks to this blog. Maybe I should watch Almost Famous again.

That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between by Victoria Beckham
I like her, and she seems to have a good sense of humor. Either way, this should be a fun read. (By the way, it cost $.98!)

A Spy in the House of Love by Anais Nin
I've been wanting this one for a while, I think because I like the title so much. Don't think I ever read erotica before, does VC Andrews count?

No comments:

Post a Comment