ugh

I have been practicing guitar so much the last two weeks. I'm glad something clicked to where it's not a chore, it's something I really want to do. But I feel like I'm in battle and I'm going to beat this thing - this thing being my guitar. I'm trying not to take it personally, but I really do think we're at war. Either that or it's laughing at me.

I've been practicing Spaceman by 4 Non Blondes, love that song, which is supposedly an easy song. Yeah. After two weeks of practicing about 2 hours a night, it still doesn't sound even remotely like the song. Then last night I asked hubby - who started playing at the same time as me - for some help with the strumming pattern and he listens for a second, picks up his guitar, and plays the song. Just like that. I'm glad he's so good, and I enjoy listening to him play, but I had to forbid him from ever playing that song just because it was too much to take for him to do that without trying after I've been trying so hard.

Anyway, I bought this 4 Non Blondes guitar tab book from the internet for $1.95, how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment