new recipes



I've been craving brownies, and this recipe is good. I baked them in a floured silicon muffin tin so they came out chewy in the center with the hard crust on every one (am I a genius or what?). I ate them for dessert yesterday and for breakfast today, I just can't stop. Next time I will definitely make a half batch instead since I have basically no willpower. (Haven't exercised in 2 weeks either.)



•••

Mediterranean Shrimp Feta Pasta, doesn't that sound good? Forgot to take a picture, but it's another recipe that I made in the last week or so that I will definitely make again. It was so good and so easy, and all frozen or canned stuff which I can have on hand since I basically never have my car to run errands due to completely random events. Looked so fancy-schmancy too, you could impress people with this, I think my hub was impressed. (Instead of following exactly, I used 1/2 a small jar of leftover drained artichoke hearts and a very small can of drained sliced button mushrooms.)

•••


I got some Greek yogurt dressing to make a salad last week, but it was not good at all as a salad dresssing. So, today, I decided to make falafel to dip into it. I know I'm saying it like it's no big deal, but for me it is such a big deal. I've never even fried anything ever (except eggs). It's not real I guess, since it's just a can of chickpeas mashed up with some onion and stuff, but c'mon, I made falafel! They tasted good on the inside, but they didn't firm up enough and they sort of fell apart when I flipped them in the pan. Next time I would cook longer (until much darker brown) with more, hotter, oil and maybe coat them with bread crumbs or more flour also. Or maybe I'll try this recipe instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment